- I have a Question to this text from here:
"If we observe thought and ask where does thought arise, how does it arise, what is ‘thought’ like. 'Thought' will reveal its nature is empty -- vividly present yet completely un-locatable. It is very important not to infer, think or conceptualise but feel with our entire being this ‘ungraspability’ and 'unlocatability'. It seems to reside 'somewhere' but there is no way to locate it. It is just an impression of somewhere "there" but never "there". Similarly “here-ness” and “now-ness” are merely impressions formed by sensations, aggregates of causes and conditions, nothing inherently ‘there’; equally empty like ‘selfness’."
In the above Text is stated, that thought is unlocatable.
But when I watch thoughts and other perceptions, I have a very clear and sharp impression of where they come from. They arise in the body consciousness in or near the Hara.
I can clearly feel how they penetrate from "outside" to "inside" - or from "inside" the hara to "outside" the hara - and then bubbles to the head, where they show their content.
The content can also be seen through very sharp concentration - it is like catching it and looking directly into it.
I also feel that the penetration of the perceptual bubbles into the hara is taking place JUST BEFORE a sound is heard or a picture is seen or thought is experienced. It seems that the hara is the producer of all appearances - like a film projector.
This is not a delusion - it is as clear as feeling the left arm. If the feeling-concentration is very sharp, then it is much clearer than the feeling of the left arm.
Does anyone have similar experiences?
- Dieter Vollmuth - I read your questions and after that the field seem to expand
I wrote, what i felt and saw:
- The whole field is sound, vision
- All sounds and visions all sense-data are like hollow/empty bubbles with virtual-data-content
- There is no one seeing and hearing - only vision and sound
- Bubbles seems to bubble up from the hara-center but also from the whole field
- The whole body is nothing else as hollow bubbles with feelings and other perceptions
- the whole field is perveiving or better: perceptions
- the divine sound (nada) is heard through all perceptions
- There are no real objects -> form is foam
- Hale OHerren What is the field? Is it something tangible? A container perhaps? Where are the limits and boundaries to this field? Or is “field” just another label for seeing, hearing, touching etc?
Does hearing take place inside of this field? Are sounds inside the field? What’s the difference between hearing and sound? What’s the difference between the field and sound? Is there even a field at all?
Why the need to label something “divine”? Is it ok for it to be just as it is? Or do we need to give it a name?
- Dieter Vollmuth There is no inside and no outside, so there are no boundaries. So, sound can not be inside and not be outside.
The expression "field" seems to be pure conformity - because if there are no borders and no inside and outside, then there is no field, because for something to be a field, there must also be a "no field".
I unconsciously saw the "field" as a background. But if there is no field, just the perceptions - wherever they are - then it is unnecessary to use the word "field" and also to assume a background. There is just "that". Amazing.
The nada is called the "divine sound" - but it is not necessary to give it a name because it is simply there.
The "I am" had been pretty deconstructed because since month it began to flicker and become inconsistent. It "kicked" me out of the honeymoon, so to speak. But somehow I always assumed it as a "background" without realizing it. Only your questions brought some movement in there. Thank you!
- Soh Wei Yu Dieter Vollmuth Good insights. There is indeed a borderless, boundless (as well as centerless, nondual, luminous, transient, ephemeral, empty, etc) quality to awareness/experience in its purity. This will become more and more apparent as your experience matures and as insight matures and becomes effortless. It is an intense, out-of-body (more like mind-body-drop than a literal dissociative OBE experience, it is completely nondual and not dissociative in any way) experience of limitless expanse of luminosity, but as manifestation. However the boundless quality is often reified into a larger container and then all perceptions may seem to merely arise 'within' the field so to speak, this becomes one mind. But it need not be reified into one mind, reification happens due to lack of clarity of deep insight. But as you have rightly seen, the field is not a background, it is just manifestation. There is nothing containing anything -- no container.
Good work. Anyway I was just just reminded of this: https://awakeningtoreality.blogspot.com/.../the-unbound...